Wednesday, June 12, 2002

I can't just post the once today so I'll ramble for a while. I want this to be a bit of a link to family and friends over the seas to keep up with life in my world. Email is good but there is too much to say to too many people so this might be the answer. I think.

We woke up at 6.30am - well the alarm went off at half six but I dragged myself out of my state of cosiness at about ten to seven - and got half ready. Made if downstairs and into the lounge three minutes into the game. We knew England were through unless they got a severe thumping from Nigeria - which was hardly going to happen - but it was still a fairly tense ninety four minutes!

I heard 'World in Motion' on the radio just before going downstairs. Again I feel like two parts of my life have been connected to complete the picture I now stand in. When I first heard that song, never in a million years would I have imagined that I would one day be living here and feel so a part of a culture and land that is not my own. With each day that passes I experience another moment where I know I am where I was meant to be. As much as I miss Australia is about as much as I love England. Both places have faults, things that I once denied in order to feel 'safe' in either place. But now I live in the understanding that if I accept the good with the crap, life is a whole lot richer.

A bit deep for two in the afternoon huh.

Steph called me at work this afternoon to chat about the game and life in general. It was good to hear his voice. Lisa then got the phone and we talked about life at our far ends of the planet which was nice. I do love hearing from them and it was a break from the tedium of today. It is overcast again and I'm feeling a little 'stretched'. Don't know how to explain the feeling but I could do with another holiday in the sun. I so miss the sun.

Enough for now. I'll keep this a secret for a few days until I see what flows best. I may show Ian though.

C x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home