Friday, April 02, 2004

London calling

I'm off to London tonight.

On the 17.27 from Manchester Piccadilly arriving London Euston at 20.15.

I then have a 45 tube / DLR trip to Lewisham Station where the lovely Rachel will collect me.

I'm very excited - I'm going solo! Ian is staying home. Feel a bit funny travelling without him to be honest as its been ages since we've been in different cities for any length of time.

Perhaps I should just get over it and enjoy the weekend!

I love seeing London. I love being in London. I don't love living and working in London so I guess I have the best of both worlds really.

We may go to the Tate Gallery or to Tate Britain. There is an Annie Lebowitz exibition in Covent Garden I'd like to see. There is a Cecil Beaton exibition at the National Gallery. Rach suggested a day trip to Brighton or the Rye on the South Coast. I'd like to wander up the Kings Road and check out my masseur's cousin's shop Roccoco so get ideas for a shop front that grew out of a home made product. I'd like to see St Paul's again and after all these years actually go inside. I did sit and stare at it from my office window in Blackfrairs for a year though. Does that count?

There is so much I want to do and see and only 2 days to do it in. I guess I'll just enjoy what comes and soak up the friendly vibe at Rach & Darryl's home and play with Talia cause it all comes down to who you are with really.

Listening to: The best of Crowded House, Crowded House
Reading: The Tin Princess, Philip Pullman & Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix, J.K. Rowlings

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home