Monday, April 12, 2004

And this one's for Jane...

A little sunshine came my way today... In a number of forms.

Firstly, I spoke to 3 beautiful and dear friends over the seas. I love them all. I miss them terribly and I can not wait to see them again.

I am not a great fan of the overseas phone call to be honest but I suspect that this has something to do with feeling that a phone call across the miles is not very satisfying as I'd much rather see my friends face to face - preferably over a good coffee somewhere groovy. However, the feeling quickly leaves when the phone is finally answered, after punching in far too many numbers, and I finally hear Helen or Jane or Jeff or Shauna or Jackie or Val or Sharia's voice down the line.

I realise then that I am blessed beyond belief to discover again that even though I am so far away, I am still muchly loved and muchly missed.

Secondly, I saw my beautiful mate PJ and her gorgeous baby Trinity for lunch today. They have been away in Ireland for 10 days and I've missed them terribly!

Given I am going to Australia for 2 weeks in June I had to decline her invitation to holiday with them in France this summer but we have put plans into motion* to 'summer' in Tuscany next summer. There are days where I absolutely LOVE living this close to Europe!

We had a great chat, a cup of earl gray tea and tried on clothes. Something we regretted doing upon exiting the dressing rooms but we still we managed to laugh about the size of our respective arses and vowed to start that diet tomorrow.

Thirdly, while we were indoors the sun came out of hiding and I feel better for her tonic already.

And finally... I'm going to change the bed linen and put on my favorite doona (duvet) cover. I do so love clean bed linen on a Monday night.

* when I say plans I mean we have conceived the idea, we know what we want and where we want to stay and we will get as much of it as we can organised before we mention it to our husbands. Rather fluid but very effective.

Listening to: Various songs by Paul Weller
Reading: Claudine in Paris, Colette

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home